Coaches' Code of Conduct
Klein Soccer Club’s Code of Conduct
All coaches, parents and players must agree to abide by our Code of Conduct, which is outlined here within. Failure to do so may result in a warning, suspension or expulsion.
Coaches’ Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to live up to the following:
- I will never yell at, argue with or treat a referee with disrespect.
- I will ensure that my parents treat referees with respect.
- I will ensure that all of my parents and players have read and/or understand the code of ethics.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will never use profanity.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries for my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are both fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of soccer and Klein Soccer Club, and I will teach these rules to my players and parents.
- I will use coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.