Code of Conduct
Klein Soccer Club’s Code of Conduct
All coaches, parents and players must agree to abide by our Code of Conduct, which is outlined here within. Failure to do so may result in a warning, suspension or expulsion.
Parents’ Code of Conduct
- I will not yell at or argue with referees.
- I will not force my child to participate in soccer.
- I will not behave negatively at games and I will treat referees, opposing team’s parents and opposing players with respect.
- I will learn the rules of the sport and the policies of Klein Soccer Club.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will never use profanity.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches, officials and referees working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for children, and not adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, parents, officials, referees and fans with respect, regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching or providing transportation.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches’ Code of Conduct.
Players’ Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to be positive about my youth sports experience and accept responsibility for my participation by adhering to the following:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
- I will expect to receive a fair and equal amount of playing time.
- I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or abilities, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my sports experience, and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and expect adults to refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it’s important to me.
- I will do my very best in school.
- I will remember that participating in sports is an opportunity to learn and have fun.