Frequently Asked Questions
What age can my child start playing?
- for the Fall 2012 season the child must be born by August 31, 2009
When will practice be held?
- Practice days and times are set by your coach. In the Fall before daylight savings time most practices are held in the evening after work. After daylight savings time changes it gets dark early so practices may be earlier. In the spring season we start during daylight savings time so practice tends to be earlier (while there is still light) and moved later towards the end of the season.
How much does it cost?
- The early registration fee is $130. This fee ends on September 10, 2012. The late fee is $140. The fee includes a full uniform (shirt, socks, and shorts) in the fall season. If your child plays in the U4 age group you also get a pair of shin guards and a ball included in your registration fee.
On the online registration I see there is a convience fee added?
- The software vendor adds the fee only if you use a credit card. Klein does not get any of the fee. There is no additional fees added if you pay by check (mail or drop off) or if you pay by cash (Klein office only). However keep in mind your child is not registered until the money is received.
It is 2 weeks before the season starts and I have not heard from anyone
- The coach meetings will be 9/5 and 9/6. Once the coach gets his/her roster they will call the kids to line up practice, uniform distribution, parent meeting, etc. We always need volunteers to coach, if we do not have a coach you will get a call from our coach committee asking if you will volunteer. Please consider helping if you are able.
Does my child need soccer shoes?
- No, soccer shoes are not required. However football cleats are not allowed. Any tennis, running, etc shoe is fine. The only required equipment is shin guards. They must be worn at practice and games.
Is there a minimum play time requirement?
- Yes, all players are guaranteed to play at least 50% of every game.
When are games played?
- U4 - U14 play games on Saturday (unless there is a Sunday makeup). U15 and older games are normally on Sunday. However, we do not start Sunday games until 1:00 pm.
Where are games played?
- U4 - U10 play all their games at Meyer Park or Burroughs Park. Games are coordinated with your address and neighborhood. U11- U16 play most of their games at Meyer Park. They may also play at one of the other parks in the Timberline league (ex cy fair, bear creek, the woodlands, kingwood). However since Klein makes up the majority of the teams in the U11 - U16 age groups the travel will be minimal.
Do you have soccer for my 17-19 year old child?
- Yes, we form U19 coed teams for boys U17 and up and girls U16 and up. Their games are played on Sunday afternoon. We are the only recreational program for this age children in North Houston.
Do I have to register online?
- No, if you do not have access to a computer you can register at our office located on the north side of Meyer Park (Map to Meyer Park, Map of Fields and Office Location at Meyer). Our normal office hours are Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 7:00. The office will be open starting in August for the fall season and January for the spring season..
How are teams formed?
- We form teams by age group, neighborhood, and school. Your child will be grouped with other children of the same age that live in your neighborhood and attend the same school. This is a great way to get to know other families in your neighborhood. U4, U5, U6 play co-ed. U7 - U16 play on single gender teams. U17 and up play coed." U" stands for Under. For instance, U4 is the Under-4 age group.
How many children play during the game?
- U4-U6 5 a-side, U7-U8 6 a-side, U9-U10 6 a-side, U11-U12 8 a-side, U13 and older 11 a-side. This progression of "smaller sided" games at the younger ages is endorsed and recommended by US Youth Soccer, which Klein Soccer is a member. Fewer players on the field at younger ages accelerates development, increases the number of ball touches, and fosters a love and excitement of the game. As children grow, more players are added to the field and the size of the field becomes larger. Klein soccer teaches a progression of tactics and strategies that are age appropriate. By age 13, skills develop to a sophisticated level with 11 players per side. This approach has developed excellent athletes while fostering fun and love for sports and athletics.
How do you find coaches?
- Most of our coaches are a parent on the team. If we don't get a parent volunteer we will try to recruit one. If we cannot find a parent willing to coach we have several youths that volunteer to coach. If you would like to coach your child you can denote that on the online registration form.
My child has other activities and can't make every practice and every game?
- If the team you get assigned to practices on a day you cannot possibly make please let us know in the office. We will help look for another team. Keep in mind teams are formed by neighborhood so the other team members may not live near you. We understand kids can't make every practice and every game, that is why we put extra kids on each team. Please let your coach know when you cannot attend.
Home About us News Camps Sponsors Help Contact Registration Why Klein Soccer? Philosophy Schedules & Scores Coaches Parents Code of Conduct Academy Skills Training CTAP League Tournaments Uniforms Volunteers TOPS Special Needs Maps Calendar Policy Manual Videos Challenge Soccer Texans Soccer