Klein Soccer Club Scholarships
Klein offers need-based scholarships for players of all ages. Only players in need of financial assistance should apply. Formal documentation is needed when applying for these scholarships. The last day to apply for a scholarship is August 17.
- Fill out this form and bring it to the Klein Soccer Club Office in person.
- Include formal documentation: Tax Return, W–9 or Pay Stub.
Klein Soccer Club reserves the right to deny any scholarship opportunity if proof of financial need is not substantial or not included with the application form.
The Sean William McGowan Scholarships
Sean McGowan had a deep passion for soccer. From team practices and games to playing around with friends and watching soccer on T.V., Sean had a true love for the game. He started at the young age of four and played many positions, but his favorite place on the field was center back. Sean spent a lot of time at Meyer Park where he played rec soccer with Klein Soccer Club and Select for Texan Soccer Club. He was also on the Klein Oak High School varsity and junior varsity teams.
In high school, Sean became a referee for Klein Soccer Club on the weekends. He eventually left Texas for Colorado State University where he was working on a double major of psychology/counseling and English/writing. While he didn’t play soccer in college, he kept his heart in the sport by refereeing games near the school.
To keep Sean’s love for the game alive, The Sean William McGowan Scholarships were created in his memory. His family, who created these scholarships, hopes that they will benefit young players who love the game as much as Sean.
- A boy age 7–8 with the opportunity to continue the scholarship throughout elementary, middle school, and high school.
- A boy or girl of any age who is a foster child. If a foster child is not available, then it can be for a boy age 7–8.
- Must have a willingness to work hard.
- Must practice with determination to perfect skills.
- Must enjoy playing with a team and making friends.
- Must have a passion for soccer.
Once these scholarships are awarded, the beneficiary holds on to the scholarship until he or she decides to no longer participate in our soccer program. At that time, we will look for another child.